The beautiful Bundaleer Forest Picnic Ground near Jamestown is set to be renewed and revitalised by the local community.
Plans are being hatched by a group of dedicated locals to provide exciting new opportunities for recreation and leisure time for families and to create a point of difference for Bundaleer as a nature-based tourist destination.
A variety of projects are being explored, including:
- The largest nature play space in regional SA
- Eco-Style Accommodation in the Picnic Ground, for the first time ever being able to stay in comfort, amongst the towering trees and cackling kookaburras.
- A community and event space for weddings, parties, conferences, to double as a nature play classroom and interpretative centre to showcase Bundaleer’s history as the birthplace of Australian plantation forestry
- Revitalising the Picnic Ground & Maple Walk Arboretum with European, North American and Australian species, as per the historical plantings
- Artistic projects, such as a new storybook sculpture trail
With financial support and approvals from State Government, the transformation of this the Bundaleer Forest Picnic Ground can begin.
Your input is important. To stay informed, have your say and be part of the exciting future of the Bundaleer Forest Picnic Ground please register on the My Bundaleer database.
My Bundaleer is an initiative of Bundaleer Forest Community Areas Association (BFCAA Inc). BFCAA Inc’s mission is to protect, preserve, promote and enhance the recreational, environmental, cultural, historical and educational values of the Community Areas of Bundaleer Forest in perpetuity.